Saturday, November 24, 2012

Tarte's Carried Away Collector's Set

Tarte "Carried Away" - Holiday Set

Why I Bought it:  

             I don't own a ton of Tarte products as the line has never really caught my attention. There have been a few products I've wanted to try, but there was always something I wanted more when I was at the store. The packaging on this set is what first caught my attention. It's really adorable!


 
         The package functions as a traveling case! The outside is a beautiful purple and gold and the inside is covered in pink lining. It feels like really good quality. Which is a plus since I hate purchasing kits that come in cheap packages. 
       The package got my attention, but once I learned about the variety of products inside, I was sold!

What it is:

Tarte's Carried Away Collector's Set
        - 8 mini Maracuja Lip Glosses
        - 1 full size blush brush
        - 1 mini Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara
        - 1 mini Amazonian Clay Blush in Adventurous
        - 1 deluxe sample of Amazonian clay finishing powder
        - 24 FULL size Amazonian clay eye shadows

On the left is the 8 mini maracuja lip glosses. The middle is the outside of the eye shadow palette which is BEHIND the mirror from the picture above (pretty nifty huh!). And the far right side contains the face brush, blush and finishing powder. Both the right and the light sides are zippered pockets which actually hold quite a bit of products.


My pictures don't do the eye shadows justice! The first picture is with the clear sheet that comes inside the palette and lists the color of each shadow. Fun fact: The name of each shadow is suppose to be a name of a place each person on the Tarte team has traveled. 

First Impression:

1. The Maracuja Lip Glosses
      I love the color variety of these! There is a light plum, light pink, bright pink, pale/nude pink and a bright red. The colors are great and could work for a variety of skin tones.

2. The Blush and Face Brush
     The Amazonian 12-hour clay blushes have gotten nothing but rave reviews. I personally love the look of this color and don't mind the little bit of shimmer in it. The brush is incredibly soft and feels like really good quality. I really like my current blush brush, but I'm really excited to try this one!

3. The Finishing Powder
     I didn't even know Tarte made a finishing powder! From first glance, it reminds me a lot of the MUFE HD finishing powder, which I'm a HUGE fan of. 

4. The Eye Shadows
    Wow! Really... the variety and range of these eye shadows is amazing! And even though the palette includes blues, greens and a pretty bright purple, each color/quad is VERY wearable. I really really excited to try out a bunch of different looks with this palette!

Worth the Price?:


I bought this palette for $54 at Sephora. 

Full Size Maracuja Lip Gloss is $21 for .12oz. The minis in this kit are .059 oz each. So basically 2 minis = 1 full size. 8 minis = 4 full size x $21 regular price = worth $84!!

Full size blush .2 oz = $25; Mini size in this kit is .05oz so 1/4 the product. 1/4 of $25 = $6.25

.32oz finishing powder = $28, the one in this kit is .7oz, so a little less than 1/4 of the product so about $6.50.

Lights, Camera, Lashes! .24oz = $19... The mini in this kit is .16oz so 2/3 the amount of product... and 2/3 the price is $12.73.

I couldn't find the brush on the Sephora website, but tartecosmetics.com had a foundation brush for $29 that looks EXACTLY the same. Same colors and Same Shape. And I compared prices on the Tarte website to Sephora and they matched up pretty much exactly.

And last, but not least, the full size eye shadows: The Tarte website lists quads for about $25 a piece. (Single refills are $17 each!!) So $25 x 6 = $150!!! Wow! 

So... to add it all up: $84 + $6.25 + $6.50 + $12.73 + $29 + $150= $288.48.... So price wise... DEFINITELY worth the $54 I paid for it! And this doesn't even include the cute traveling case! 

(P.S. Let me know if you liked the price break down... if not, I won't include it in future reviews!)


Summary: 

If you're looking to test out Tarte products... I would grab this up! The color selection is great and you're definitely getting a good bang for your buck!

XO,

Casandra

Coming up:
Swatches from this Kit and reviews once I've played with the products


No comments:

Post a Comment